St John’s Curriculum Intent
At St John’s First School our curriculum intent is to guarantee children are prepared for their future. We want the children to challenge themselves with confidence and not be afraid of failure but to persevere in their journey to success! Our curriculum encompasses not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but goes beyond the experiences of the classroom. This ensures that our children are exposed to the richest and most varied opportunities that we can provide allowing the Christian Values to be interweaved. We want our children to be ambitious with their thoughts and have a positive attitude allowing them to flourish and have an abundant life.
Please read below our curriculum overviews for Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Acorns Long Term Plan 2021
- Saplings Long Term Plan 2021-2022 – Key Stage 1
- Saplings Long Term Plan 2020-2021
- Saplings Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Oaks Long Term Planning 2021-22 – Key Stage 2
- Oaks Long Term Planning 2020-21
- Oaks Long Term Planning 2019-20
- Whole School Long-term Plan 2019-2020
- Curriculum Long-term Plan 2018-2019 – Key Stage 1
- Curriculum Long-term Plan 2018-2019 – Key Stage 2
- Catch Up Funding Statement